Executive Vice President
Gene Martin is Executive Vice President and a principal of The Ezra Company. Mr. Martin is also Manager of the firm’s office located in McLean, Virginia, where he specializes in consulting and brokerage activities in the tri-state Washington, D.C. market. Mr. Martin has been a valuable resource with The Ezra Company for the past 20 years He continues to make major contributions to the company’s growth due to his ability as a consummate deal analyst, creative strategist and detailed negotiator on behalf of tenants or buyers. As a result he is a well-respected broker in the commercial real estate community.
Prior to entering the commercial real estate field, Mr. Martin’s career advanced quickly in his technical consulting positions where he consistently achieved outstanding results that led to his great success in performing management responsibilities. Subsequently, Mr. Martin became Director of all major utilities in North America for Oracle Corporation.
With more than a decade of business and management experience, Mr. Martin brought his broad based consulting and financial background to the commercial real estate arena and joined The Ezra Company in 1991. In the past few years, Mr. Martin has cultivated a client base of many major national corporations as well as prominent Washington, D.C. based organizations, associations and law firms. His transactions include leasing, purchasing, build-to-suit development and tenant equity participation.
A representative list of clients include:
- EDO Corporation, Lab Corp
- 3D International
- British Broadcasting Corporation
- Christian Broadcasting Company
- Richmond American Homes
- United Nations
- Advocates for Highway & Auto Safety
- The Institute of International Education
- Schwartz, Woods & Miller
- Caterpillar Corporation
- Connelly Bove Lodge &Hutz
Mr. Martin attended St. John’s University in Jamaica, New York where he received his Bachelor of Arts in Accounting. He currently resides in Vienna, Virginia.
Mr. Martin is licensed in Washington, DC, Maryland and Virginia.
Professional and Community Affiliations:
Washington, D.C. Association of Realtors
National Association of Realtors
- Received the Power Broker Award for Leasing Transactions from CoStar Group/Commercial Property News
- Received the Leasing Transaction of the Year Award from The Greater Washington Commercial Association of Realtors for representing The American Society of Clinical Oncology
- In 2003, received the Largest Suburban Lease from Akridge Real Estate Services representing the Department of Homeland Security
- In 1998, received The Akridge Achievement Award for the Full Building User Deal representing Partners in Education